You do not have access to this note.
- Hemodynamic changes - Mast cells- Histamine
- No and PGI2
- Chemoattractants- small chemicals- chemokine receptors
- F-met peptides
-Arachidonic acid cascade- Leukotriene B4
- Molecular patters
- PAMPs and DAMPs
- DAMPs - NLRs- uric acid - free ATP- loss of K
- Inflammasome- Precursor IL-1 (endogenous pyrogen)
- PAMs - 100PRRs - receptors pf lymph. are millions of unique shapes
- TLR4 - Lipopolysaccharide (Gram negative bacteria outer membrane only)
- Fungal glycans - CLRs
- RLRs - nucleic acids of viruses
-IRF7 - Type 1 interferons
- 2 types of interferons - interferon Gamma, communication molecule used between immune cells.
- Type 1 interferons; i.e. Alpha and Beta - anti viral interferons
- LFA-1 (Integrin) - Leukocyte function antigen-1
- ICAM (intracellular adhesion molecule)
- Selectins - Addressins (sialyl-lewis X)- E (endothelium)-L HEVs-P
- Integrins - extracellular matrix - ICAMs 1
- Phagocytic - ingest and digest the debris - phagosome - phagolysome- exocytosed
- C3b or IgG- 4000 times ( opsonization) - "gravy"
- Intracellular digestion -" respiratory burst" - NADPH oxidase - MPO
- Superoxide anion
- Hydroxyl radical
- Hydrogen peroxide
- HOCL (bleach)
- IL-8 protease - serves as a chemoattractant to bring WBC into the area
- C3a and C5a - anaphylatoxins- bring cells into area
- C3b - coats microbe- causes it to bind to the complimentary receptor on the phagocytic cell
- IgG - Sa makes protein A - Sa blocks opsonisation and makes a material that looks like our own IgG.
- TLR 3,7,8,9 - virus - IRF7- IFN type 2
- Imiquimod is used tropically in HPV warts
- Proteins - hemodynamic - most early - seconds to minutes
- Cells - minutes to days
- Tissue remodelling - Weeks to months
- Integrin molecules involved in tight binding - ICAMs - absence of Integrin - Increase in WBC in circulation unable to make abscess - delays wound healing- Leukocyte adhesion deficiency (category 1)
- NADPH oxidase - O2 , OH, H2O2
- Catalase (+) microbes - in a NADPH def. patient ends up with no Oxygen radicals - chronic recurrent infections with Catalase positive microbes.
There was a problem reporting this post.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
Please note: This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin. Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.