- Hypothalamus and Pituitary
- Describe the five commonest presentations of hypothalamic/pituitary disease and correlate these to pathophysiology and diagnostic testing.
- Describe the physiology of the thyroid gland.
- Explain presentation, pathophysiology, testing, and treatment of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.
- Describe the approach to neck masses, including thyroid masses (embryology & investigation) and non-thyroid masses.
- Adrenal / Glands
- Describe the physiology of the adrenal glands.
- Explain presentation, pathophysiology, and testing of hypercortisolism and adrenocortical insufficiency (acute & chronic)
- Glucose Metabolism
- Explain the etiology of hyperglycemia and the function of insulin and the counter-regulatory hormones.
- Explain the physiology and pharmacology of glucose.
- Describe the natural history of hyperglycemia (acute & chronic)
- Calcium & Phosphorus
- Describe the structure of the bone.
- Describe the physiology of calcium & phosphorus.
- Explain investigation of hypercalcemia.
Structure & Function
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!